Residents kept in rooms during Raynes Park care home fire
Elderly people stayed in their rooms while firefighters put out a fire in a care home.
Firefighters were called to a small fire in the laundry room of Link House in Blenheim Road, Raynes Park, at about 8.24am on Sunday morning.
New Malden firefighter Dick Tompkins said: “There was a small fire in their laundry room. It was only a small amount of damage and was kept to a bare minimum.
“Staff carried out all their procedures to make sure residents were safe.”
Residents were not evacuated but kept safely in their rooms while fire crews from New Malden and Wimbledon dealt with the fire.
Mr Tompkins said: “There were no injuries and nobody suffered from any smoke. Just a few accelerated heart rates.”